Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Even Worse Reverting Attachments


The last couple of weeks have been a nasty time at Phil's. New server codes seem to come out (or get set back) daily; rezzing is so painfully slow for some that staying at home is the best choice of adventures, etc.

It is not getting better!  This is a heads up for builders. Most of you already know that attachments haven't been "sticking" lately. You need to put them on and take them off several times to get a bracelet for example to actually go where it is supposed to be. I know this isn't just a personal issue as I have written to many content creators letting them know that their skirts (necklaces etc.) are attaching to my right hand. I know that wasn't their plan. :D.

Anyway, today I was working on a Bargain Hunter's Paradise release (the theme will be pink and black in a couple of weeks -- you are now SO in the know). I did my normal on and off and on and off again exercise with the bangle. It "seemed" OK. Then I tried it one more time and it went right back to my right hand ; THROUGH my right hand is more accurate description.

I eventually got the attachment points to stick (I hope) by logging off and logging on again while wearing the items. In the process of all this I found that the database had somehow tented my color change bangles RUST so no matter what you tried you always had an orange tint to the color. So not my plan. I am getting ready to fix those and send new copies out to the people that purchased them this month.

Anyway, this is the not so great news for the day. Be watchful. Keep your fingers crossed that the server code changes YET AGAIN. Putting it back to two weeks ago would be just fine for many of us.

Comments

Popular Posts