Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Just a Little Bit Demon


It was one of those days when the pieces all fell into place. True, there was a bit of work involved; some looking, some thinking, a few adjustments. But in the end I was so very happy with what had come into being. Five designers, all defined by different genres came together for this look. And I for one think it is smashing (no pun intended).

I have been hunting a little lately, sampling a bit from this hunt and that. There are at least a dozen "April" hunts that have already started and more will be joining the cadre as we near mid month. For the most part, they didn't leave me breathless :D. The older we get, the larger our inventories become, the more jaded and spoiled we are. I am anyway. I admit it. DIFFERENT gets lots of gold stars in my book. How many pairs of jeans do we need after all? Creativity? Clapping loudly from the peanut gallery.

Here's the story.

Click any photo for a larger version.

I decided to give the Virtures of Sin hunt a try. I saw that Julia was taking part, so I zipped over to The Julia Collection to see what might be there. I am never disappointed with items from the shop, so it seemed like an excellent starting point.

The prize is a photo studio prop that is VERY inventive. A magic mirror of sorts, it puts the viewer behind the looking glass and adds a demon. Oh my!

You can also use the prop as a backdrop; see the top photo. Either way the textures are striking.There are some interesting lighting things going on with the prop it seems. I didn't figure out just what was happening and it may have been SL(r), but darkness reigned no matter what I tried to change. That demon energy I guess!

From Julia's I journeyed onward and somehow (you know how hunting can be) I ended up in a number previous to her shop. Some black and white horns were easy to find. Some I missed completely  even with hints. Some hints no longer matched locations. You know how all that goes. I did however, find a few stellar items  and that was good enough for me.


The collage above (click a couple of times to get a 1400 pixel version) shows a gorgeous skin and hair combo from Sinful Needs. Be aware that this is an adult themed store. Finding the horns here was tricky. Get the hint as that is very helpful. Camming, turning off shaders and turning on wire frame will help :D.

Some good points about the VOS hunt (also called 7 sins) is that many of the shops have hints. There is a blog with hints too which is pretty much the norm these days, but not only are there hints in the stores, many stores include a landmark to the next stop in case you can't find their prize. I have always been in favor of that idea, and this afternoon, I added landmarks to the next stops to my hint giver. That is just my decision, but I as a hunter I "SO" appreciate that option, I decided to be a friendly vendor and help out the gatherers.

The skin, hair and horns I am wearing are part of a full avatar pack (one for guys is included in the prize) that also has a tail and stylized hooves. The face on the skin is lovely. The tattoo-like designs impressive, and the creativity sort of blew me away. Now, all things are not perfect. There is a noticeable line where the pants layer meets the waist. That is easy enough to cover up with clothes (oh my!) or even a belt if you want to be naked *wink*. Personally, that wasn't a big deal for me.



There was so much to this outfit, I took a LOT of photos so you wouldn't miss anything. Some are of the prop of course, others are of the accessories (see the style notes).

Most of all, don't miss the NEW SHOES. These are from Orange Creations and are simply fantastic. They are already a buzz on the feeds and deservedly so. I had other plans for showing you these shoes and they will come to pass in a day or so. There are plenty of colors and options so one look isn't really enough anyway. But as I was standing there in this dark and mysterious skin and the dress (yep, it is billed as a dress no matter how short it is) from Paradisis, I simply had to try out the new shoes.

The legs on this skin almost look like leggings, the dark color the tattooish accent that could pass as patterns -- and so I was tempted to wear the default color of the feet. I am guessing those will match my normal skin tone well, but today I wasn't in normal mode *wink*.  I am not a pro with the color charts on shoe huds, but amazingly I got this to work the first time out. There is a place to save your personal presets which is very nice. There are plenty of toe nail colors to choose from and I found one that matched the hand nails well. The trim on the shoes can be either black or tan with a click. So, many options and easy to use hud. Lots of pluses.

That's the story of this outfit, definitely a longer one than usual, but filled with small thrills and lots of excitment. I should mention that the shoes are red here. They are close to the skin color I am wearing so it is a bit difficult to tell where the shoe ends and skin begins. Don't worry. I guarantee you, you'll be seeing these again soon. And, if you just can't wait, journey on over to Orange Crations and take a closer look. You know you want to.

Style notes:

Hair: Sinful Needs SN ~ Hair and horns~ Half-Demoness
Skin: Sinful Needs SN - Half-Demoness - Gluttony
Outfit: PARADISIS Streets Girl; **StarChild** Feather Boa long (part of an outfit from the same VOS hunt)
Accessories: PARADISIS Streets Girl : Left  Hand bracelet
Shoes: Orange Creations #OC# Melanie- Satin Red (review copy)

Comments

Sydd Sinister said…
wow lovely skin, thank you for blogging it!

Popular Posts