Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Weekend News

The venue for the Black & Blue fair opened to designers yesterday and items are starting to appear. I would LOVE to show you the place, but that is not my job -- at least not yet. So "mum" is the word. Sort of. I can tell you that the build is very inventive and fun. A theme is evident and prims have not been spared, At the same time, smart use of repeating sculpts and textures along with lots of tinted "blank" textures let's the place load pretty quickly. I am impressed.

Sure there will be lag when the area is full, but it will be worth it. This is not a whole sim venue; it is much more intimate. I can't wait to see it filled with designs from all over the grid. Since it is a month long event, you will have time to get by, see the new releases and learn more about mental health issues. Most of us have friends that could be happier; people we want to help and don't know how. Knowledge is indeed power and every life helped, counts.


A couple of weeks ago I issued a fairly complex challenge with a prize attached. Only the most industrious took part *wink* and I understand that. I don't like to work much these days either. Less hunting, more exploring is my current mode.

Still, there are plenty of contests that fade away or are won by suspect avatars. I am guessing you have noted a few over the months and years. Not wanting to be part of the "what's with that" contest group, I decided to give the prize to EVERYONE that entered. After all, it's only pixels. :D. And that is the end of the story.

Comments

Popular Posts