Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Now and Then

Neferia Abel will unveil a variety of new designs this coming weekend. Among them the L'Abel Orianna, a fun and frilly fashion statement that won the contest as my personal favorite. While many of the new garments are easily identified with an era, I couldn't quite pinpoint the moment in time that was the inspiration for this party dress.  After careful consideration, I decided on the fifties. I could be WAY off base of course, but there is a joyousness to the styling that reminds me of a time when -- in theory anyway -- life was less complicated. WWII was over, the country was rebuilding and we hadn't yet moved into the long skirted, free love,  flower child era.


I was extremely flattered to be asked to a preview of the new items, but not quite as excited as I was in September of 2008 when Neferia Abel generously gave me her lovely dress designed for the Black Swan event. If you were around then, you most likely remember the venue; it was a very big deal. I was new then, both to SL and to blogging. That was my first very special gift from a designer and I can remember how thrilled I was. So, as part of this post I decided to show both  dresses using the same accessories.


I am wearing the same shoes, stockings and gloves. I changed hair and removed my vintage hat for the more modern outfit. While the top photos look like Photoshop studio pics, both locales are part of our virtual world. The black and white backdrop is at the entrance to the Relive the Fifties shop, a really fun retro area. The second is a brief walk from my home in Winterfell.

Here is my original post on the Githa outfit.


Style Notes: 

Hair:*TRUTH* Ivy - Fire (top)  Maitreya Piper (bottom)
Skin: []::Tuli::[] The Dressing Room :: Gina 04
Clothing: L'Abel Orianna; JL Bloody Doll Gloves; C & D Benelli Pantihose Full Deko; Cabaret Stockings - Both Sides Fastened Up
Shoes: Maitreya SoHo Boots 'PatentMix Black'
Accessories: Hatpins Lady Ophelia Hat - Signature

Poses by: Diesel Works; BehaviorBody

Comments

Popular Posts